If you want to share an edited version of a clip that you just captured instead of waiting to get home, we have some good news for you.
GoPro just released a new feature which allows you to trim and share fresh video clips straight from your Hero camera or using the GoPro app.
TIP: Make sure you’re running the latest version of the app!
When trimming your video, you have the option to create 5, 15 or 30 second clips with 15 being the default length.
Follow these simple steps to trim your clip on your phone:
- Make sure your GoPro is connected to your phone via WiFi
- Open up the GoPro app and click on the view media icon (the one with 9 little rectangles)
- Select the video clip you want to trim
- Browse through the clip until you find the section of the video you like. TIP: if you want to zoom in on the clip to really get precise with the starting point, click and hold your finger on the timeline and you will zoom in making it easier to slide back and forth on the timeline.
- When you find your starting point in the video, click on the scissors. It will select 15 seconds starting at that point. Similar to the tip in #4, you will automatically zoom into the section after you’ve hit the scissors button.
- You can either change the clip length or slide the blue box to change where the clip starts.
- Hit the play button to watch the selected portion of the clip.
- When you’re happy with the clip, hit the ‘Next’ button.
- The App may need about 30 seconds to prepare the clip before it’s ready to be shared or saved.
- You can now choose to share your clip to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or save it to your phone for later sharing!
The GoPro App trimming function works with all WiFi enabled GoPros.
Follow these simple steps to trim your clip directly on your GoPro (only available on the Hero4 Black w/ LCD BacPac, Hero4 Silver, Hero+ LCD)
- Turn on the LCD screen and select the video clip you want to trim
- Once you find the section of the clip you like, click the scissors icon. The default clip length of the camera is 5 seconds. If you click on the time, it will cycle to 15 seconds, 30 seconds and even a still image.
- If the starting point isn’t quite right, there is a plus and minus sign on either side of the screen. Just click on either one to advance or go back.
- Once you’re happy with the clip, click save. It will save a new file and keep the original one in tact.