User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Increasing shooting time

Hi all, I'm new here.

I'm interested in doing some time lapse photography, I know GoPro's are hard on batteries so I have purchased a bacpac.

I was wondering can I have the bacpac hooked up plus use external power packs, plugged into the GoPro itself.

Am I correct in assuming it would drain the power pack first, then the bacpac, then the GoPro battery.

Thanks Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure your external battery is putting out like 2As and it should work as you stated. Mine does

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used my HERO3+ Black to time-lapse the building of a new house. Full H3 battery + 20.000mAh 2A powerbank and lasted about 9 hours, the complete shift.

As for a HERO5 Black which has no GoPro port you might want to try the Sinomax Rechargeable Battery Frame, I got about 6:30 hours total time-lapse with that.

-XiP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the info, I'm using a hero 4 black.

I've got a couple of power banks which I plan on swapping over and then I will let it use the bacpac and internal battery.
    I've been looking at a solar powered power bank but im in the uk and the sun is not very reliable here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've had issues using powerbanks along with the internal battery, so I always run 1 or the other

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i've had issues using powerbanks along with the internal battery, so I always run 1 or the other
    I thought that you couldn't run a GoPro without the internal battery, are you using a battery eliminator?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I thought that you couldn't run a GoPro without the internal battery, are you using a battery eliminator?
    i do use battery eliminators as much as I can, but sure i've done it via usb as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i do use battery eliminators as much as I can, but sure i've done it via usb as well
    You are indeed correct, the hero 4 black will work with just USB without the battery. Thanks for the tip