User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mount for camera like box mount with fingers?

Do they make a mount like the one on the package box but with fingers?
    I would like to be able to set up a handlebar mount and be able to very quickly disconnect the camera and be able to put it back on without dealing with the thumbscrew.
    Or will I have to buy a tripod mount and stick one of the adhesive mounts on it to achieve this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to buy the tripod mount I believe

Sent from my MiPhone !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why they don't make one, it would seem to make sense. I'll have to call and ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm.. Having trouble visualizing tripod + adhesive mount = handlebar mount...?

How about this? Works with either a tripod mount, or you could remove the thumbscrew and put an adhesive mount on the platform:

FEISOL Video Cam Bicycle Mount | Bike Reviews

Or this simpler model. You would have to cut off the tabs, but it looks like it might be a good base for an adhesive mount:

Becker Traffic Assist 7827 Bike Mount, Becker 7827 Accessories

Andrew
    Last edited by MasonJar; 06-28-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a tripod mount from amazon yesterday so I will test what I was thinking of doing.

I will try to explain better:
    I have the quick release plastic devices that you squeeze together to release and are attached to the camera , the ones that to into the female half that gopro manufactures with the adhesive backing. One of Those I will mount on the camera.

The tripod mount I will attach to my gopro handlebar mount ( which I am leaving on the bike ) and it will have the male half of the quick release on it. I may try to see if I can use a screw to secure it to the tripod mount, by drilling a hole through it, or if I have to glue it down using the attached adhesive pad.