User Tag List

Thread: Karma is dead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karma is dead

Right from the beginning that whole "Karma" name seemed like a bad idea to me. You don't wanna mess with Karma.... ever!!!

Anyways, I just saw the news GoPro is laying off a huge amount of people from their drone department and they're ending their drone project. I'm not surprised though, considering the fact their initial launch was a failure due to drones falling off the sky like dead flies causing a major recall of the Karma. Also, with the huge amount of drones in the market including very affordable ones with more capabilities, features, and smaller (more portable), GoPro seemed to be trying a market that is already way ahead of their product. Yes, the integration of the Grip with the Drone was a great idea, but it just wasn't enough. So for how expensive this drone is, plus the need of a GoPro to use it, how big it is, and the lack of features compared to other brands, it seemed obvious Karma was destined to fail.

RIP Karma Drone

GoPro Layoffs - The Verge
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero Session
    Mavic Pro
    Zhyyun 3-Axis Gimbal
    15" Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    iPhone 6s GoPro App
    Mobile iMovie
    Avid Media Composer v8.4
    DaVinci Resolve 12
    Adobe After Effect CS6

2. Likes fishycomics liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sad but true...
    The Karma was little late on market- at that time the competitors were miles away and worked on to get the drones better and SMALLER- expensive and with the grip nothing for experienced people who has already one or two gimbals.
    Than the worst case- I guess for a drone user is nothing more frighten then to loose the drone in action maybe over water.
    Not good for GoPro and it's hard to imagine they can survive just selling the cameras- I guess looking at the 6 there is not much place for improvement.

Ciao Rob

4. Likes RebelPro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah all companies out there hire a project team when they are told from the start we need 100 people to make Karma. we may select to save a few. the project will last 300 days. no more.
    Problem is trying to say to the Public we're dropping our pricing of e Hero Line up Fusion and Session were left out?

They Needed in my eyes to Drop to $150 off and win the Consumer back and Keep hte Fusion and Session in the dropped price. Bring back their Software for Desktop and charge a $50.00 fee no higher. Keep to the camera. and stabilizer along with interchangable filters and mics. maybe that wireless mic idea we all asked for will get going. who knows Where gopro can go?
    Lets make this a better place once again.

Proud sponsors of CMR Ifootage.com Feiyu-tech.com, Cyberlink Powerdirector 12U. Smatree Dealextreme.com. Newmawa.com, magix.com, Xshot.com. Always helpful and forgive my working hands.

6. Likes RebelPro liked this post