User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Issue with Hero 6

Purchased a a Hero 6 on the first and finally got a chance to try it out yesterday. Made sure i updated the camera to the latest version and fully charged the battery.

Came across a random issue where when turning on the camera, the back screen turns on but remains black and there is a solid red LED on the front. Camera will not respond to anything once this happens and only recourse is to pull the battery. Sometimes have to remove and reinstall the battery multiple times in order to clear.

Spoke with GoPro support a few minutes ago, their first guess was a bad SD card. Problem is have had the issue with multiple SD cards and it happens without an SD card inserted as well. Tried powering on the camera while plugged in to the wall without a battery installed, couldn't reproduce the issue however the issue is random and does not happen all the time.

Had the issue happen while using it in the Karma Grip as well, forcing me to pull the camera out of the grip to remove and reinsert the battery.

In the end, they decided there is an issue with the camera and need to send it in. Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the sd related issue on the board is following along to the Hero 6 ????
    Lets make this a better place once again.

Proud sponsors of CMR Ifootage.com Feiyu-tech.com, Cyberlink Powerdirector 12U. Smatree Dealextreme.com. Newmawa.com, magix.com, Xshot.com. Always helpful and forgive my working hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same issue. The only solution was to remove the battery.

Other issues:
    - low light performance: heavy grain (worse then previous GoPro cameras)
    - poor pq at 240fps 1080p (heavy aliasing), you can't convert the files if you don't use the latest macOS
    - colors look oversaturated
    - audio sounds worse than the GoPro Hero 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure if it is related to the SD card as the issue happens without an SD card present as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that is true that has happened to many b4 so it can not be that chip causing hte issue the G2 Lol

Proud sponsors of CMR Ifootage.com Feiyu-tech.com, Cyberlink Powerdirector 12U. Smatree Dealextreme.com. Newmawa.com, magix.com, Xshot.com. Always helpful and forgive my working hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is doing the same, I believe I'll return it to the store and get a refund. I've only had mine about a week. Can't keep taking the battery in and out every time. That and not being able to watch slow motion or 4K, ridiculous! I won't buy another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it watchable off the cam itself.